I'm obviously a little sad the Patriots won't be going to the Super Bowl, but seeing as I didn't even realize they were playing on Sunday until Saturday night, I think I'll be ok.
In one class this morning we listened to the last 7 minutes of MLK's I Have a Dream speech. Man, that is powerful stuff.
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."
We talked about our dreams for our lives and for our countries and the next generation. It's so inspiring to hear everyone's different, yet connected, dreams for the future.
In another class we listened to Ingrid Michaelson's song The Way I Am. The lyrics are:
If you were falling, then I would catch you.
You need a light, I'd find a match.
Cause I love the way you say good morning.
And you take me the way I am.
If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.
Cause I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am.
I'd buy you Rogaine when you start losing all your hair.
Sew on patches to all you tear.
Cause I love you more than I could ever promise.
And you take me the way I am.
Then we wrote our own verses. Here are my favorites:
Most romantic:
If you were lost, then I would find you.
If you were hungry, I'd cook you food.
Most practical:
If you were afraid, I would be brave.
If you were tired, I'd bring you a bed.
Funniest:
If you are angry, I will kick you.
If you are thirsty, I'll buy you juice.
Happy Monday, friends : )
<3 Carissa