I haven't written in a while and for that I am terribly sorry. Although, I won't deny that every time someone says, "Carissa, you need to update your blog!" I get a burst of pride, my inner Anne Hathaway accepting her Oscar, and think "They like me! They really like me!"
So, to all my fans.. err friends : )
Winter courses finished well and I spent a week hanging out in Ulaanbaatar.
![]() |
| Students getting ready to play a game at my apartment in January |
Then I went to Thailand for a conference/vacation. Chiang Mai is a beautiful, warm place. It was a major blessing to just be still and remember why I'm doing what I'm doing.
![]() |
| Night market in Chiang Mai |
Then Spring semester began. I'm so happy to be back at school with my co-teachers. Most of my students are the same, and there are a few new ones. I love them all so much. We've been busy the past three weeks memorizing Invictus by William Ernest Henley, giving informative speeches, and preparing demonstrative presentations. The students are so bright, caring, inquisitive, and friendly.
![]() |
| Students and teachers on the last day of winter classes |
The snow on the ground is gone, today it even rained a little! (This is the first time it is warm enough for rain.) My roommate made a delicious chicken soup last night, and we have a long weekend thanks to International Woman's Day. Also, two days ago, an old woman on the bus mistook me for the ticket lady. When she realized her mistake, she laughed uncontrollably, and then proceeded to tell several other commuters what happened.
![]() |
| Teachers' Christmas party |
Lastly, I was commiserating to a Mongolian friend that sometimes I'm afraid of looking like an idiot (which happens ALL THE TIME : ), and she wisely said, "You're not an idiot, you're just foreign."And that was the nicest thing to hear.
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, friends! I can't believe I only have 12 more weeks of teaching.
Blessings,
Carissa



