"HellobeautifulpersonIgettomeetintwoweeks. I'm very excited!"
This is how Ann starts her voicemail to me. This is my teammate for the next ten months. HOW CAN I NOT BE PUMPED TO MEET HER? I also can't wait to meet the rest of my team and all of the teachers we will meet during training!
The rest of the voicemail is her informing me that there is a change in expectations. Looks like we will be teaching university students now! For those of you know me even a little, you know this is AWESOME.
I also found out that we will be living a ten minute bus ride away from the university, and Ann and I will be roommates! We've also been reminded to stay flexible, which, I won't lie, isn't one of my defining characteristics. Like, I can say, yeah - I'm flexible! But what I mean is, I can kinda touch my toes if I've mentally prepared myself and I'm wearing the right sweatpants. Flexibility, like so many other things, really only manifests itself when put to the test. But I'm excited. There is no way this year won't be life changing.
I'm also soaking up the nerdiness radiating from my teaching textbook. I really like this stuff. Who knew?
Anyway, just a quick update to let y'all know the change of plans. Ten days til lift off :)